- Things to Consider When Outsourcing Your Mobile App Development Project
- Beware of These 7 Popular Cyber Security Threats
- Find a Top Mobile App Development Company That Fits Your Needs
- Importance of Developing a Website for Your Business
- App Store Review Guidelines: 5 Mistakes to Avoid for Successful iOS App Submission
- Android App Development Libraries You May Find Trending in 2023
- Creating A Money Making App Gets Easy… Know How
- Want to Make Your Game App Successful? Here is the Success Mantra For You…
- How Monetization Trends are Revolutionizing Mobile Game Apps
- Ensure a Successful Business with These Potential Travel App Ideas
- Know How Cyber Security and Physical Security Are Similar
- What do the Statistics say about Mobile App Development Growth in 2023
- Benefits of Promoting Your Business Using Mobile Games
- Find the Popular Frameworks in the Market Used for Mobile App Development
- Metaverse and Its Five Essential Features
- Watch Out For the Ruling Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Essential Tips to Help You Create Successful Game Apps
- Fintech vs Techfin: Where Does the Future of Banking Lies?
- Vulnerability Management Process: The Crucial Way to Maintain Your Cyber Security Posture
- Why React Native Framework is the Right Choice for Hybrid App Development
- Why Do You Need Financial Software Development Service for Your Business
- Importance of Fintech Solutions in This Digital Age
- Learn Why it Important To Integrate Content Marketing & SEO
- How Mobile Apps Are Making A Difference in Real Estate Industry
- 10 Useful Tips to Create Highly Engaging Social Media Content
- Building A Website Gets Easy Without Coding
- Five Main Stages of Game Development
- Top SEO Trends You Must Follow in 2022
- Things to Learn for High-End App Development in 2022
- The Right Strategy to Make Your Mobile App Equipped with Sound Social Networking Tools
- 6 Common Mistakes in Ecommerce Website Development To Avoid
- The Year 2021 and The Challenges In Cybersecurity Industry
- Top Benefits of Having an Impactful UI/ UX Design For Your App
- Useful SEO Tips For Small Businesses Website Optimization
- Know The Different Channels Important To Build Your Online Reputation
- Structured Data: An Important Tool in SEO to Mark Strong Online Presence
- Learn the Different Strategies to Use for B2B Lead Generation in Digital Marketing
- Things to Consider Before Launching Your App in Google Play Store
- Google’s Page Experience Update Now Fully Rolled Out- Here’s What You Can Expect
- 7 Useful Tips to Ensure the Best Android App Development
- Learn Professional Web Development Tips to Build an Efficient Website
- Learn the Effective Ways to Manage Your Online Reputation
- Three Principles Every User Experience Designers Should Follow
- Top 5 Benefits of Integrating Cyber Security Services with Your Business
- Google’s New Safeguards for Minors to Create Safer Space on the Internet
- Benefits of Android Game Development You Must Not Ignore
- Google Removes Safe Browsing and Ad Experience Widgets from Page Experience Ranking Signal Criteria
- Google Changes Eligibility for Fact Check Rich Results
- Why You Need To Hire an Online Reputation Management Company for Your Business
- Complete Guide on 2d and 3d Game Development
- MITRE Engenuity releases first ATT&CK evaluations for Industrial Control Systems Security Tools
- WordPress SEO: 3 Quick and Easy Hacks for PageSpeed & Core Web Vitals
- Researchers Reveal New Trick of Hackers to Disable Macro Security Warnings in Malicious Office Files
- Top PHP Development Tools Leading Website Development Company Uses
- Cloud Security Analysis Solutions: The Next Step to Make Your Data Secure
- Learn How to Optimize Your Site for Google’s Page Experience Update
- Amid Rising Cybersecurity Threat Indian Military Personnel to Get Trained in the US on Cyber Warfare
- How the Network Change in Pandemic Steered to Must Cybersecurity
- 7 Reason You Should Get Mobile App for Your Business
- Google Rolls Out New Spam Algorithm Update: What Changes You Can Expect
- Top 10 Benefits of Unity Game Development
- VPN Attacks: A Rising Threat for Remote Work in the COVID-19 Era
- Google Releases New Framework to Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks
- GitHub Discloses Details of Easy-to-Exploit Linux Vulnerability
- Read Key Highlights of Google Ads API version 8.0
- Here How the Gaming Giant EA was Hacked
- Know How A Malvertising Campaign On Google Distributed Trojanized AnyDesk Installer
- Learn How to Find the Best UI/UX Development Company
- Trends of 2021 Every Top Cyber Security Company in India Follows
- Improve your Conversion Rate with 10 Essential Elements of Good SEO
- Google Announces New Features for App Advertisers to Improve ROI
- FragAttacks: Set of New Vulnerabilities that Expose Nearly All Wi-Fi Devices to Attacks
- Latest Technologies and Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Babuk – How a Newcomer soon becomes a Growing Ransomware Threat
- 5 Characteristics of the Best Digital Marketing Services Provider
- Here are the Tips to Choose the Best Game App Development Company
- 7 Reasons to do Search Engine Optimization for your Website
- Integrating AI with Cyber Security – Tomorrow of Cyber Security
- How Much Does HIPAA Compliance Cost?
- Best Android Game App Development Company Doesn’t Miss out Following Features
- Effective Voice Search Statistics for 2020
- Android 10: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Make Massive Money with Mobile Apps In 2020
- Drastic boost in mobile gaming during coronavirus lockdown
- Cyber security – A Tool to Address Digital World’s Major Issues; Cyber Attack
- 5 facts to keep in mind before hiring Game app development Company in India.
- Best iOS games app development
Here How the Gaming Giant EA was Hacked
Gaming giant Electronics Art, the name behind many top games like FIFA, Battlefield, and The Sims, hit by a massive data breach. Hackers managed to steal a number of imported key game source codes and related internal tools. However, the attack was unlikely to have an impact on gamers or business operations. This hacking news was first reported by news site Vice Media after a study from Motherboard, which stated the stolen data is some 780 gigabytes (GB) that had been placed for sale in several dark web forums used by hackers.
EA, the industry leader of the gaming world, acknowledged the breach after the news report and issued a statement. “We are investigating a recent incident of intrusion into our network where a limited amount of game source code and related tools were stolen. No player data was accessed, and we have no reason to believe there is any risk to player privacy. Following the incident, we’ve already made security improvements and do not expect any impact on our games or our business. We are actively working with law enforcement officials and other experts as part of this ongoing criminal investigation,” said the company.
The attack on EA comes two days before the leading video game makers were all set to participate in the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) being held virtually due to the pandemic.
According to a report by Vice’s tech section Motherboard, hackers claimed through several posts on underground hacking forums that there is a full capability of exploiting all EA services. Hackers are said to have stolen the source code for FIFA 21 as well as code for its matchmaking server. The report says that they have also obtained source code and tools for the Frostbite engine that powers a number of EA games like Battlefield other internal game development tools. It also includes proprietary EA frameworks and software development kits (SDKs), bundles of code that are used to make game development more streamlined.
More details on how gaming giant EA was hacked unfolded later. During the study, Motherboard learned that the hackers broke into the company in part they trick an employee over Slack to provide a login token.
The detailed report published by the Vice media explained how they got to the roots of the data breach from EA. A representative for the hackers had an online chat with Motherboard, revealing the process started with procuring stolen cookies that were sold online for $10. The purchased cookies were to gain access to a Slack channel used by EA.
Cookies manage to save the login details of individual users, letting the potential threat actors log into services as that person. In the case of data theft at EA, the hackers used the stolen cookies to get into the company's Slack.
The hackers’ representative further told that once they get into chat, they messaged an IT Support member from EA, saying they lost their phone while partying. The hackers then outsmarted after requesting a multifactor authentication token from the IT support team of EA. It helped them gain access to EA's corporate network. This was successful two times, as the representative informed.
After setting foot in EA's network, the hackers found a service for compiling games meant for EA developers. “They successfully logged in and created a virtual machine giving them more visibility into the network, and then accessed one more service and downloaded game source code,” wrote the Vice media.
“The representative for the hackers provided screenshots to help corroborate the various steps of the hack, including the Slack chats themselves. EA then confirmed to Motherboard the contours of the description of the breach given by the hackers. The representative of the hackers also provided Motherboard with a series of documents they say were stolen as part of the hack. They include an assortment of material on PlayStation VR, how EA creates digital crowds in the FIFA games, and documents about AI in games,” further added by the Vice media house.
The news of gaming giant Electronics Art (EA) hacking follows the surge in high-profile cyber-attacks that happened in recent months, including several ransomware attacks on industrial firms and health care facilities, and breaches of government and non-profit networks attributed to undercover activities.