- Watch Out For the Ruling Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Essential Tips to Help You Create Successful Game Apps
- Fintech vs Techfin: Where Does the Future of Banking Lies?
- Vulnerability Management Process: The Crucial Way to Maintain Your Cyber Security Posture
- Why React Native Framework is the Right Choice for Hybrid App Development
- Why Do You Need Financial Software Development Service for Your Business
- Importance of Fintech Solutions in This Digital Age
- Learn Why it Important To Integrate Content Marketing & SEO
- How Mobile Apps Are Making A Difference in Real Estate Industry
- 10 Useful Tips to Create Highly Engaging Social Media Content
- Building A Website Gets Easy Without Coding
- Five Main Stages of Game Development
- Top SEO Trends You Must Follow in 2022
- Things to Learn for High-End App Development in 2022
- The Right Strategy to Make Your Mobile App Equipped with Sound Social Networking Tools
- 6 Common Mistakes in Ecommerce Website Development To Avoid
- The Year 2021 and The Challenges In Cybersecurity Industry
- Top Benefits of Having an Impactful UI/ UX Design For Your App
- Useful SEO Tips For Small Businesses Website Optimization
- Know The Different Channels Important To Build Your Online Reputation
- Structured Data: An Important Tool in SEO to Mark Strong Online Presence
- Learn the Different Strategies to Use for B2B Lead Generation in Digital Marketing
- Things to Consider Before Launching Your App in Google Play Store
- Google’s Page Experience Update Now Fully Rolled Out- Here’s What You Can Expect
- 7 Useful Tips to Ensure the Best Android App Development
- Learn Professional Web Development Tips to Build an Efficient Website
- Learn the Effective Ways to Manage Your Online Reputation
- Three Principles Every User Experience Designers Should Follow
- Top 5 Benefits of Integrating Cyber Security Services with Your Business
- Google’s New Safeguards for Minors to Create Safer Space on the Internet
- Benefits of Android Game Development You Must Not Ignore
- Google Removes Safe Browsing and Ad Experience Widgets from Page Experience Ranking Signal Criteria
- Google Changes Eligibility for Fact Check Rich Results
- Why You Need To Hire an Online Reputation Management Company for Your Business
- Complete Guide on 2d and 3d Game Development
- MITRE Engenuity releases first ATT&CK evaluations for Industrial Control Systems Security Tools
- WordPress SEO: 3 Quick and Easy Hacks for PageSpeed & Core Web Vitals
- Researchers Reveal New Trick of Hackers to Disable Macro Security Warnings in Malicious Office Files
- Top PHP Development Tools Leading Website Development Company Uses
- Cloud Security Analysis Solutions: The Next Step to Make Your Data Secure
- Learn How to Optimize Your Site for Google’s Page Experience Update
- Amid Rising Cybersecurity Threat Indian Military Personnel to Get Trained in the US on Cyber Warfare
- How the Network Change in Pandemic Steered to Must Cybersecurity
- 7 Reason You Should Get Mobile App for Your Business
- Google Rolls Out New Spam Algorithm Update: What Changes You Can Expect
- Top 10 Benefits of Unity Game Development
- VPN Attacks: A Rising Threat for Remote Work in the COVID-19 Era
- Google Releases New Framework to Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks
- GitHub Discloses Details of Easy-to-Exploit Linux Vulnerability
- Read Key Highlights of Google Ads API version 8.0
- Here How the Gaming Giant EA was Hacked
- Know How A Malvertising Campaign On Google Distributed Trojanized AnyDesk Installer
- Learn How to Find the Best UI/UX Development Company
- Trends of 2021 Every Top Cyber Security Company in India Follows
- Improve your Conversion Rate with 10 Essential Elements of Good SEO
- Google Announces New Features for App Advertisers to Improve ROI
- FragAttacks: Set of New Vulnerabilities that Expose Nearly All Wi-Fi Devices to Attacks
- Latest Technologies and Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Babuk – How a Newcomer soon becomes a Growing Ransomware Threat
- 5 Characteristics of the Best Digital Marketing Services Provider
- Here are the Tips to Choose the Best Game App Development Company
- 7 Reasons to do Search Engine Optimization for your Website
- Integrating AI with Cyber Security – Tomorrow of Cyber Security
- How Much Does HIPAA Compliance Cost?
- Best Android Game App Development Company Doesn’t Miss out Following Features
- Effective Voice Search Statistics for 2020
- Android 10: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Make Massive Money with Mobile Apps In 2020
- Drastic boost in mobile gaming during coronavirus lockdown
- Cyber security – A Tool to Address Digital World’s Major Issues; Cyber Attack
- 5 facts to keep in mind before hiring Game app development Company in India.
- Best iOS games app development
Google’s New Safeguards for Minors to Create Safer Space on the Internet
Over the past year, the world is moving towards virtual workspace. Even for the kids, the internet has become the new educational and play hub. As a result, parents, educators, policymakers and privacy experts have expressed concern about creating a safe browsing space for adolescents. Google gave a thought to it and has brought a list of new features and tools to create a safer space for kids and teens on the internet.
Google is making changes in the ways that minors experience over the internet, including ads, content & more.
Google is starting with a safeguard against age-sensitive ad categories to prevent views from teens. In this process, sensitive ads will be blocked based on the age, gender and interests of people under 18. The company will initiate rolling out these changes over the coming months with the goal to ensure they are delivering age-appropriate experiences for ads.
Giving Minors Control over their Digital Footprint
There’s a removal option for folks using Google Search, but when it comes to children, there’s no way to control their images on the internet, and thus they are exposed to risk.
The tech giant is planning to introduce a new policy that would let anyone under the age of 18, or their parent or guardian, to request the removal of their images from Google image results. Though taking it down from the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) will not remove it from the web but will reduce the exposure.
Improving the Web Experience for Kids & Teens
YouTube Upload Settings
To prevent kids and teens from falling for luring ads, upload setting on YouTube will default to the most private option. Google will also be providing additional defences and education about commercial content.
Considering this change, YouTube will start removing exaggerated commercial content from YouTube Kids, especially those that encourage kids to spend money. YouTube illustrates this with content that focuses on product packaging.
YouTube is also updating the disclosures that appear on supervised accounts and “made for kids” content to be very clear when a video contains paid promotions.
Besides the above changes, YouTube is also taking a break from bedtime reminders and autoplay for users under 18. There would be an autoplay option, added to YouTube Kids. However, it will be turned off by default to give parents the ability to decide what is right for their children.
Location History Updates
At present, for children with supervised account location history is off by default with no option to turn it on. This provision will soon be extended globally to all users under the age of 18, which means location history will remain off for all adolescents.
Google Play Updates
Google has a new safety section in its launch bucket for application security services, which will allow parents to identify which apps follow the family policies. Apps will also have to disclose how they use the data they collect from users. This will make it easier for parents to decide if an app is right for their child before they download or use it.
Google Workspace for Education Changes
Since children, these days, use the internet for their schoolwork, safeguarding that experience has appeared as the main worry. Google has been working on ways to improve administrators’ ability to tailor experiences for their users, such as restricting student activity on YouTube and enabling Safe Search technology by default for all users.
Google offers settings that help prevent folks from seeing mature content that they haven’t even searched for. It has Safe Search that filters out explicit results when enabled and is already on by default for under 13 signed-in users, having their accounts managed by Family Link. Google is planning to extend this technology for users under 18 in the coming months.
Google Assistant Updates
Google is also planning to introduce new default protections to avoid mature content from appearing for a child.
There have been many incidents wherein kids or teens easily became soft targets, and parents suffered the consequences. With these changes in place, parents will breathe a sigh of relief.