- What do the Statistics say about Mobile App Development Growth in 2023
- Benefits of Promoting Your Business Using Mobile Games
- Find the Popular Frameworks in the Market Used for Mobile App Development
- Metaverse and Its Five Essential Features
- Watch Out For the Ruling Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Essential Tips to Help You Create Successful Game Apps
- Fintech vs Techfin: Where Does the Future of Banking Lies?
- Vulnerability Management Process: The Crucial Way to Maintain Your Cyber Security Posture
- Why React Native Framework is the Right Choice for Hybrid App Development
- Why Do You Need Financial Software Development Service for Your Business
- Importance of Fintech Solutions in This Digital Age
- Learn Why it Important To Integrate Content Marketing & SEO
- How Mobile Apps Are Making A Difference in Real Estate Industry
- 10 Useful Tips to Create Highly Engaging Social Media Content
- Building A Website Gets Easy Without Coding
- Five Main Stages of Game Development
- Top SEO Trends You Must Follow in 2022
- Things to Learn for High-End App Development in 2022
- The Right Strategy to Make Your Mobile App Equipped with Sound Social Networking Tools
- 6 Common Mistakes in Ecommerce Website Development To Avoid
- The Year 2021 and The Challenges In Cybersecurity Industry
- Top Benefits of Having an Impactful UI/ UX Design For Your App
- Useful SEO Tips For Small Businesses Website Optimization
- Know The Different Channels Important To Build Your Online Reputation
- Structured Data: An Important Tool in SEO to Mark Strong Online Presence
- Learn the Different Strategies to Use for B2B Lead Generation in Digital Marketing
- Things to Consider Before Launching Your App in Google Play Store
- Google’s Page Experience Update Now Fully Rolled Out- Here’s What You Can Expect
- 7 Useful Tips to Ensure the Best Android App Development
- Learn Professional Web Development Tips to Build an Efficient Website
- Learn the Effective Ways to Manage Your Online Reputation
- Three Principles Every User Experience Designers Should Follow
- Top 5 Benefits of Integrating Cyber Security Services with Your Business
- Google’s New Safeguards for Minors to Create Safer Space on the Internet
- Benefits of Android Game Development You Must Not Ignore
- Google Removes Safe Browsing and Ad Experience Widgets from Page Experience Ranking Signal Criteria
- Google Changes Eligibility for Fact Check Rich Results
- Why You Need To Hire an Online Reputation Management Company for Your Business
- Complete Guide on 2d and 3d Game Development
- MITRE Engenuity releases first ATT&CK evaluations for Industrial Control Systems Security Tools
- WordPress SEO: 3 Quick and Easy Hacks for PageSpeed & Core Web Vitals
- Researchers Reveal New Trick of Hackers to Disable Macro Security Warnings in Malicious Office Files
- Top PHP Development Tools Leading Website Development Company Uses
- Cloud Security Analysis Solutions: The Next Step to Make Your Data Secure
- Learn How to Optimize Your Site for Google’s Page Experience Update
- Amid Rising Cybersecurity Threat Indian Military Personnel to Get Trained in the US on Cyber Warfare
- How the Network Change in Pandemic Steered to Must Cybersecurity
- 7 Reason You Should Get Mobile App for Your Business
- Google Rolls Out New Spam Algorithm Update: What Changes You Can Expect
- Top 10 Benefits of Unity Game Development
- VPN Attacks: A Rising Threat for Remote Work in the COVID-19 Era
- Google Releases New Framework to Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks
- GitHub Discloses Details of Easy-to-Exploit Linux Vulnerability
- Read Key Highlights of Google Ads API version 8.0
- Here How the Gaming Giant EA was Hacked
- Know How A Malvertising Campaign On Google Distributed Trojanized AnyDesk Installer
- Learn How to Find the Best UI/UX Development Company
- Trends of 2021 Every Top Cyber Security Company in India Follows
- Improve your Conversion Rate with 10 Essential Elements of Good SEO
- Google Announces New Features for App Advertisers to Improve ROI
- FragAttacks: Set of New Vulnerabilities that Expose Nearly All Wi-Fi Devices to Attacks
- Latest Technologies and Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Babuk – How a Newcomer soon becomes a Growing Ransomware Threat
- 5 Characteristics of the Best Digital Marketing Services Provider
- Here are the Tips to Choose the Best Game App Development Company
- 7 Reasons to do Search Engine Optimization for your Website
- Integrating AI with Cyber Security – Tomorrow of Cyber Security
- How Much Does HIPAA Compliance Cost?
- Best Android Game App Development Company Doesn’t Miss out Following Features
- Effective Voice Search Statistics for 2020
- Android 10: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Make Massive Money with Mobile Apps In 2020
- Drastic boost in mobile gaming during coronavirus lockdown
- Cyber security – A Tool to Address Digital World’s Major Issues; Cyber Attack
- 5 facts to keep in mind before hiring Game app development Company in India.
- Best iOS games app development
Five Main Stages of Game Development
Games development is a complex process, and thus it takes a lot of effort to create a masterpiece. Every Game Development Company claims to offer imperative results, remember not all of them can offer the game production processes with a proper workflow and management.
Therefore, it is important to know about the entire stages of game creation, enabling you to organize and optimize your workflow.
So here, learn about game development stages and how to find a reliable partner for custom game development.
Stages of Game Development
A game development process typically consists of 5 main stages: pre-production, production, quality assurance, launch, and post-production maintenance.
Stage 1. Pre-production
The game development process should always start with proper planning, often ignored by many companies. It is essential to gather complete information about the requirements for upcoming products, such as technical aspects, specific features, etc. Managers and product owners define the goals and business of the project and create the roadmap out the core concept behind it.
This phase includes analysis of market, competitor and target audience, choosing a platform, resource allocation, strategies and risk calculation. Once requirement gathering completes, a comprehensive Game Design Document is created to proceed further with the production stage.
Stage 2. Production
This is the major and most-labor intensive phase of video game production divided further into several internal stages.
Prototyping is the initial stage of production wherein playtests of the main mechanics is built to use in the game. It requires artisans and huge investment to come up with a colossal product.
Visual content creation
The visual content is about everything a game is packed with — characters, props, environment, and game assets. This stage has a great impact on the time spent on creating a game and depends largely on the required format of the game, either 2D or 3D.
A 2d and 3d Game Development Company though put both formats in the same pipeline, but 2D visuals require less complex technology and time for flat visual content sketching, coloring, and animation. 3D games development, on the other hand, puts a lot of challenges and typically require going through stages that include polygonal modeling (creating a basic model using polygonal figures), sculpting, texturing, rigging, and animation.
This means the process is relatively faster and more straightforward in 2D games (however, it also depends on the detailing of the content). 3D games use advanced software and tools in addition to specialized skills and knowledge.
Game level design development
This is the crucial stage where the development of the logic of the game levels takes place, which differs for each genre. For example, increasing the difficulty levels on completing a linear quest.
In this level design stage, designers also develop game mechanics, game economy design, plot and handy details such as hints labelling new mechanics and leading a player through a game, along with building transitions between levels.
Audio design and voice acting
Audio is a vital part of captivating game design. In this stage, sound specialists create soundtracks and audio effects for different play situations. It includes special sound effects to signal danger, victory, defeat, etc.
Based on the concept of the game, some natural sounds are also added, like character steps, explosion, water or wind sound, etc. In case the characters need to be voiced, dialogue, monologue, and individual lines are recorded with the help of voice artists and integrated into the software.
Once all the elements in a game are ready, developers write numerous lines of code to combine all the content together, for which they often use game engines. The difficulty in this stage is in developing a game like a puzzle, not including mutually exclusive mechanics and running without errors and failures. Developers strive to consider all possible technical factors and create a positive user experience.
Stage 3. Quality assurance
After the production job finishes, and the game comes in its full shape, it needs to be tested to ensure it is bug-free and will function without error. No matter how complex a game is, testing for quality assurance is an inevitable process in line with successful game development. Even a minor bug can negatively impact the user experience and overall game experience. Mobile game development studios typically perform functional testing, non-functional testing, as well as Alpha and Beta testing.
Functional game testing types:
- Interoperability testing
- Regression testing
- Localization testing
- Smoke testing
- User acceptance testing
- Security access control testing
Non-functional game testing types:
- Load testing
- Performance testing
- Stability testing
- Stress testing
- Volume testing
- Usability testing
- Installation testing
- Configuration testing
- Compliance testing
- Disaster recovery testing
Alpha Testing: This is the final testing stage of a finalized game that is carried out when functionality, performance, compatibility, and other features are tested, and all the bugs are fixed.
Beta Testing: At times, Alpha testing is followed by Beta testing that does not include any technical or software tool. It is done by simulating players to find issues that end users may face while playing the game.
Stage 4. Launch
The most awaited stage of game development is the launch. Launching a game means to handover it to stores for players to buy or download. However, the process needs to be done precisely, taking into account the important terms & conditions of the particular app store.
Also, even when the game is ready, some errors still exists. Hence, the game development team continues to make improvements in the game in parallel to the launch.
Stage 5. Post-production
The story of a game production doesn’t end with the launch, it requires constant monitoring for the fixes and improvements to enrich the user experience. Professionals keep a check on the stability and performance and come with the regular release of updates. A game development company, usually update the content of the gameplay or add some exciting features and mechanics to keep users engaged.
Get a Flawless Game Development Services
Now when we are aware of the efforts it takes to create a game, you must understand that not all companies can bring effective results to the table. WebMobril Technologies is a leading unity and 2d and 3d Game Development Company that offers stunning and stress-free game development services. We have a team of experts who carries out every stage of building a game with utmost accuracy and industry knowledge.
If you have a concept for a game in any genre, WebMobril Technologies can effectively put it into action.