- Things to Consider When Outsourcing Your Mobile App Development Project
- Beware of These 7 Popular Cyber Security Threats
- Find a Top Mobile App Development Company That Fits Your Needs
- Importance of Developing a Website for Your Business
- App Store Review Guidelines: 5 Mistakes to Avoid for Successful iOS App Submission
- Android App Development Libraries You May Find Trending in 2023
- Creating A Money Making App Gets Easy… Know How
- Want to Make Your Game App Successful? Here is the Success Mantra For You…
- How Monetization Trends are Revolutionizing Mobile Game Apps
- Ensure a Successful Business with These Potential Travel App Ideas
- Know How Cyber Security and Physical Security Are Similar
- What do the Statistics say about Mobile App Development Growth in 2023
- Benefits of Promoting Your Business Using Mobile Games
- Find the Popular Frameworks in the Market Used for Mobile App Development
- Metaverse and Its Five Essential Features
- Watch Out For the Ruling Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Essential Tips to Help You Create Successful Game Apps
- Fintech vs Techfin: Where Does the Future of Banking Lies?
- Vulnerability Management Process: The Crucial Way to Maintain Your Cyber Security Posture
- Why React Native Framework is the Right Choice for Hybrid App Development
- Why Do You Need Financial Software Development Service for Your Business
- Importance of Fintech Solutions in This Digital Age
- Learn Why it Important To Integrate Content Marketing & SEO
- How Mobile Apps Are Making A Difference in Real Estate Industry
- 10 Useful Tips to Create Highly Engaging Social Media Content
- Building A Website Gets Easy Without Coding
- Five Main Stages of Game Development
- Top SEO Trends You Must Follow in 2022
- Things to Learn for High-End App Development in 2022
- The Right Strategy to Make Your Mobile App Equipped with Sound Social Networking Tools
- 6 Common Mistakes in Ecommerce Website Development To Avoid
- The Year 2021 and The Challenges In Cybersecurity Industry
- Top Benefits of Having an Impactful UI/ UX Design For Your App
- Useful SEO Tips For Small Businesses Website Optimization
- Know The Different Channels Important To Build Your Online Reputation
- Structured Data: An Important Tool in SEO to Mark Strong Online Presence
- Learn the Different Strategies to Use for B2B Lead Generation in Digital Marketing
- Things to Consider Before Launching Your App in Google Play Store
- Google’s Page Experience Update Now Fully Rolled Out- Here’s What You Can Expect
- 7 Useful Tips to Ensure the Best Android App Development
- Learn Professional Web Development Tips to Build an Efficient Website
- Learn the Effective Ways to Manage Your Online Reputation
- Three Principles Every User Experience Designers Should Follow
- Top 5 Benefits of Integrating Cyber Security Services with Your Business
- Google’s New Safeguards for Minors to Create Safer Space on the Internet
- Benefits of Android Game Development You Must Not Ignore
- Google Removes Safe Browsing and Ad Experience Widgets from Page Experience Ranking Signal Criteria
- Google Changes Eligibility for Fact Check Rich Results
- Why You Need To Hire an Online Reputation Management Company for Your Business
- Complete Guide on 2d and 3d Game Development
- MITRE Engenuity releases first ATT&CK evaluations for Industrial Control Systems Security Tools
- WordPress SEO: 3 Quick and Easy Hacks for PageSpeed & Core Web Vitals
- Researchers Reveal New Trick of Hackers to Disable Macro Security Warnings in Malicious Office Files
- Top PHP Development Tools Leading Website Development Company Uses
- Cloud Security Analysis Solutions: The Next Step to Make Your Data Secure
- Learn How to Optimize Your Site for Google’s Page Experience Update
- Amid Rising Cybersecurity Threat Indian Military Personnel to Get Trained in the US on Cyber Warfare
- How the Network Change in Pandemic Steered to Must Cybersecurity
- 7 Reason You Should Get Mobile App for Your Business
- Google Rolls Out New Spam Algorithm Update: What Changes You Can Expect
- Top 10 Benefits of Unity Game Development
- VPN Attacks: A Rising Threat for Remote Work in the COVID-19 Era
- Google Releases New Framework to Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks
- GitHub Discloses Details of Easy-to-Exploit Linux Vulnerability
- Read Key Highlights of Google Ads API version 8.0
- Here How the Gaming Giant EA was Hacked
- Know How A Malvertising Campaign On Google Distributed Trojanized AnyDesk Installer
- Learn How to Find the Best UI/UX Development Company
- Trends of 2021 Every Top Cyber Security Company in India Follows
- Improve your Conversion Rate with 10 Essential Elements of Good SEO
- Google Announces New Features for App Advertisers to Improve ROI
- FragAttacks: Set of New Vulnerabilities that Expose Nearly All Wi-Fi Devices to Attacks
- Latest Technologies and Trends in Mobile Game App Development
- Babuk – How a Newcomer soon becomes a Growing Ransomware Threat
- 5 Characteristics of the Best Digital Marketing Services Provider
- Here are the Tips to Choose the Best Game App Development Company
- 7 Reasons to do Search Engine Optimization for your Website
- Integrating AI with Cyber Security – Tomorrow of Cyber Security
- How Much Does HIPAA Compliance Cost?
- Best Android Game App Development Company Doesn’t Miss out Following Features
- Effective Voice Search Statistics for 2020
- Android 10: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Make Massive Money with Mobile Apps In 2020
- Drastic boost in mobile gaming during coronavirus lockdown
- Cyber security – A Tool to Address Digital World’s Major Issues; Cyber Attack
- 5 facts to keep in mind before hiring Game app development Company in India.
- Best iOS games app development
App Store Review Guidelines: 5 Mistakes to Avoid for Successful iOS App Submission
Once the iOS app comes out of the development phase, the real struggle starts with app submission on the store. Perhaps it is the most frustrating part of iOS app development services for every developer. This is mainly due to the higher risks of rejection. Therefore, developers must ensure their app will pass the Apple App Store review process before submitting it. A rejected app not only causes unnecessary delays but also gives a poor finish to the seamless development process. Apple, in its App Store Review Guidelines, has clearly mentioned the twenty-eight areas for consideration to make sure your app is submitted successfully and not rejected.
For developers new to iOS or unfamiliar with the App Store Review Guidelines, this will provide an introduction to common reasons for rejection and how to ensure your app is accepted. The key areas every app is reviewed on are:
For developers who are new to iOS or are not familiar with the App Store Review Guidelines, here’s a brief to help you understand why apps get rejected.
More information needed
According to Apple, 14 % of rejections are due to “more information needed, making it the most common reason. This happens when an app is submitted to the App Store for review, and the developer does not give adequate materials or information to the review team to test the app.
For example, submission of the app will fail if you do not provide details related to any additionally required hardware that pairs with the app like an accessory. Moreover, if the app needs a particular setting, a demo video, establishing its functionality in that setting, must be sent. It is your responsibility as a developer to demonstrate your panorama landscape app to the App Store team so they may test it; they will not search for a beautiful mountain range to test your app.
Surprisingly, 8% of applications are declined because they "exhibit bugs." Before submitting your program to the App Store, any such issues must be addressed, tested, and resolved. Any problems with longer load times or crashes will result in rejection. It is essential to thoroughly test your app's every screen and feature at your end. A beta version of the app made available to limited people is another efficient way to test for any bugs. These users/testers can be family and close friends of the client or potential early adopters of the app.
Not complying with Apple’s Developer Program License Agreement
6% of all app rejections come from developers flouting or failing to fulfil Apple's "Developer Program License Agreement." The purpose of this contract, which serves as a legal document between the developer and Apple, is to specify the permitted channels of distribution, which are highlighted as: "(1) through the App Store if selected by Apple; (2) through the VPP/B2B Program Site, if selected by Apple; (3) on a restricted basis for use on Registered Devices; and (4) for beta testing through Apple's TestFlight Program."
Another 6% of app rejections are due to the failure to comply with Guideline 10.6 in the UI section of the App Store Review Guideline. The guideline states, "if your user interface is difficult or less than very good, it may be rejected.” Developers struggle with this reason for rejection because they are unaware of the exact issues that need to be corrected or modified.
The first thing a developer should test is that their app user interface (UI) adheres to Apple's 'Designing Great Apps' standard, which says it can enable you to "create the polished, engaging, and intuitive apps that Apple users expect." In order to maintain uniformity and usability, Apple has also mentioned the user interface requirements in detail in their iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
In the end, 5% of app rejections are because they fail to comply with Guideline 3.3 under the "Metadata" section. As per the guideline, apps with names, descriptions, screenshots, or previews irrelevant to their functionality and content will be rejected. Any mismatch will indicate inaccurate information or discrepancies between the app's functioning and description.
Most importantly, in total 42% of apps are rejected for what Apple described as “Other Reasons”, each reason accounting for less than 2% of that total. While there are some recurring reasons for the apps that are rejected, the vast majority of rejections are from unique reasons often specific to that app or that developer.
10 of the most popular additional reasons for rejection are outlined below:
Most importantly, 42% of applications are rejected for what Apple referred to as "Other Reasons," with each reason making up less than 2% of the total. While some are very common reasons for app rejection, the huge majority of rejections are unusual and most unique to that app or developer. However, there are some most popular reasons for rejection in the “other reasons” category that are as follows:
- Using the terms like "beta," "test," or "demo," indicates an incomplete app.
- The size of the .ipa file for the submitted application is more than 4GB.
- Promoting or mentioning competitor operating systems like Windows or Android. Although it need not be a direct commercial, be careful when choosing program icons.
- Misuse of brands or logos, particularly of Apple.
- Linking to external payment systems instead of integrating the user's In-App Purchase (IAP).
- Saving the app’s data to the user’s iCloud and not locally. The iOS Data Storage Guidelines help developers to make sure their app's data is saved correctly and effectively.
- The use of harsh words.
- Breach of privacy, such as disclosing user identities, images, etc.
For the time you get familiar with the App Store Review Guidelines, this small guide can help you with the right way of app submission, at least by preventing you from making these mistakes.However, if you have a Top Mobile App Development Company as your iOS App Development Services provider, you can rest assured of your app submission. WebMobril Technologies is that one partner who can help you get your iOS app submitted to the App Store without rejection, in one shot. They are well acquainted with Apple’s guidelines which they keep in mind throughout the app development process to ensure the app would not be rejected during submission in the store. They are also recognized as the best Cross Platform App Development Company in India for their expertise in developing applications that can be used on multiple devices with a single codebase.